Wellness Care & Vaccinations
Prevention Is the First Step
Pet owners shouldn’t wait until an ailment strikes to start considering a pet’s health. Steps can and should be taken in advance to protect your cat or dog from diseases and detect conditions before they arise. Bodhi Animal Hospital veterinarians perform thorough annual wellness care exams and provide vaccinations to help you stay on top of your pet’s health.
San Diego Pet Wellness Exams
Even if your dog or cat seems perfectly healthy, it is recommended that you bring him or her in for a wellness exam at least once a year. During this exam, we may:
San Diego Pet Vaccinations
Vaccinations play an essential role in keeping your pets free from disease. California state law requires that all dogs be vaccinated for rabies at 4 months or older. Rabies vaccinations are highly recommended for cats as well. You should also have your pets vaccinated for other diseases such as:
- Canine distemper. This disease causes damage to a dog’s respiratory, digestive, and nervous systems. Urine, blood, and saliva can transmit it. Puppies should undergo their first round of vaccinations for this disease when they are 6-8 weeks old.
- Feline distemper (Panleukopenia). Though unrelated to canine distemper, this disease is still highly dangerous and contagious. It can lead to fever, constant vomiting, and brain damage. It can be transmitted through food dishes and litter boxes as well as infected animals like raccoons and feral cats.
Below are all the vaccines we offer for adult pets:
- DHPP - Distemper, parainfluenza, parvovirus
- Bordetella (kennel cough)
- FVRCP - Feline viral rhinotracheitis, calicivirus, panleukopenia
- FELV - Feline leukemia virus